BIG TEX Fireworks Ltd, reminds you to celebrate safely and responsibly this holiday. Celebrating with fireworks is an American tradition that harkens back to the days of our founding fathers. Fireworks are a great source of family entertainment when used safely. BIG TEX Fireworks recommends that you follow the following safety tips so that you enjoy your fireworks display this holiday.
- Always read and follow label directions.
- Have an adult present.
- Buy from reliable sellers.
- Use outdoors only.
- Always have water handy (a garden hose and a bucket).
- Never experiment or make your own fireworks.
- Light only one firework at a time.
- Never re-light a "dud" firework (wait 15 to 20 minutes and then soak it in a bucket of water).
- Never give fireworks to small children.
- If necessary, store fireworks in a cool, dry place.
- Dispose of fireworks properly by soaking them in water and then disposing of them in your trashcan.
- Never throw or point fireworks at other people.
- Never carry fireworks in your pocket.
- Never shoot fireworks in metal or glass containers.
- The shooter should always wear eye protection and never have any part of the body over the firework.
- Stay away from illegal explosives.